September 7, 2018
Dental implants have been booming in popularity over the past few years. Nothing else offers as much stability or as many health benefits as this tooth replacement option, but it does come at a higher cost than other methods. No matter the cost of dental implants in Framingham, though, they are worth their weight in gold. Keep reading to find out why more adults are choosing dental implants to benefit their smiles and their budgets.
Comparing Your Tooth Replacement Options
When you have lost one, two, or an entire arch of missing teeth, you will be presented with several options for replacing them. These include:
- Fixed bridge: This restoration places a sturdy crown on each tooth surrounding a gap in the smile, and prosthetic teeth fill in the empty space.
- Traditional denture: A set of teeth that is affixed to a gum-colored base. Partial or complete, a denture rests on the gums and is secured using brackets affixed to remaining teeth or with natural suction and a denture adhesive.
- Dental implants: A comprehensive option which replaces the tooth’s root as well as the visible crown. Dental implants can support a single crown, a bridge, or a complete denture. There are different types of dental implant procedures, depending on your needs. For example, All-on-4 dental implants can restore an entire arch of missing teeth in under 24 hours on just 4 dental implant posts.
Dental Implants Help You Save
While you will have to pay more upfront for dental implants, they typically end up being by far the best financial investment in the long run. As a standalone replacement, dental implants do not require the reduction of the surrounding teeth, as is necessary with a fixed bridge. The more conservative a treatment is, the better. Plus, a denture that is retained by dental implants won’t have to be replaced as often as a conventional one will (every 5 to 7 years) since the jaw stays healthy and whole.
What’s the Cost of Dental Implants?
The only way to find out for sure what your dental implants will cost is to schedule an appointment with your implant dentist. There are several factors that contribute to the higher price of dental implants — including the fact that they are placed in a surgical procedure and take between 6 months and a year to complete.
During an implant consultation, your dentist will consider the following factors to determine the approximate cost of your procedure:
- How many teeth are missing
- Where in the jaw the implants will be placed
- What the implants will be made of
- Whether you need a bone graft or sinus lift before getting dental implants
- Considerations for anesthesia/sedation
Remember that, no matter the price, dental implants are worth the investment! If you’re already missing or on the brink of losing teeth, don’t wait to find out what it will cost to replace them with natural-looking, long-lasting dental implants.
Meet the Dentist
Dr. Mark Fried is an implant dentist in Framingham offering comprehensive care from a state-of-the-art office. He is an expert in completing smiles through restorative dentistry and is joined by Dr. Julie Werman and Dr. Sarah D. Shih. To learn more about their implant dentistry services, you are invited to contact the office at (508) 872-9339.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URL
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.